Thursday, March 15, 2012

Want to be a mompreneur?

One of the buzz words these days is "mompreneur." These super women know how to manage it all – their kids, their households, their businesses. If you have friends who are moms, you might wonder how they manage to have the time to do all that and stay sane. It's not easy, but it can be done. And one of the best ways to do this is to plan ahead. That's one of the reasons FlexiRuggz was started – because Betsy knew she wanted to be a mom one day, and she wanted to get her business established before she had kids.

It's so true. Starting a business and getting it off the ground requires a lot of dedication and a lot of time. You're never done working, and that seems to be a misconception many people have about owning their own business. I've known people who think being an entrepreneur means rolling out of bed at noon and taking sporadic vacations whenever they feel like it, maybe even working fewer hours for less days a week. It couldn't be further from the truth. When you're an entrepreneur, you're always busy, always thinking of new ideas to further the company, always going and trying to find new leads. As an entrepreneur, you have to find new opportunities; only when you're established will they also come to you.

That's why it's good to be prepared ahead of time. But moms starting out, don't be daunted or think you can't do it too! If you manage your time and work hard, you'll get there too. Anyone who's dedicated and works hard will be more likely to find success in entrepreneurship. Oh, and it doesn't hurt to have a support network along the way! Never stop making new connections, and you'll go lots of places.

We'll have more tips for you guys on starting out and managing your new business soon. In the meantime, keep an eye out for our press release! It will also contain some other Little Idea customers, including, Leap of Faith clothing, a fellow entrepreneur who plans on being a mompreneur one day!

About FlexiRuggz

FlexiRuggz are awesome customizable rugs that you can design yourself! Pick out the color, fabric, and pattern of your squares – then have fun mixing and matching. And it's completely machine washable too!

Check us out at www.flexiruggz.com. It's hip to use squares!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Not a mom, but enjoyed reading your post! Cool that moms can feel more empowered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) And moms should feel empowered. They're amazing to do all they do!

      Delete
  2. As a mompreneur, I understand the challenges that come along with work/life balance. But, in the end it is all worth it. I remember when I first decided to leave my corporate job to become a full-time mom. Something inside of me couldn't let go of the hustle and independence of working. So, I decided that I could have my cake and eat it, too. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. During that time, I grew along with my children and discovered my passion for health, nutrition, and wellness which I turned into a career as a Health Coach. As a health coach, I take my experience as a mompreneur and show other moms how they can have the best of both worlds without losing their sanity.

    ReplyDelete